Ask your doctor about
30-day Free Trial Offer!
- The 30-day Free Trial Voucher for LEVOXYL®
(levothyroxine sodium) helps make brand-name
LEVOXYL more affordable for eligible patients.
Terms and conditions apply*
- If you are eligible, you can download the voucher
and take it with your doctor’s prescription for
LEVOXYL to a participating pharmacy today
You should not use LEVOXYL:
- If you have untreated or known overactive thyroid of any cause, heart attack or untreated low adrenal gland function.
- If you are allergic to any of the inactive ingredients in the tablets. Notify your physician if you experience hives, itching, rash, flushing, swelling of the throat, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, fever, joint pain, or wheezing, as these may be the symptoms of an allergic reaction.
- For the treatment of male or female infertility unless this condition is due to low thyroid function.
- In a certain type of goiter or for thyroid small masses (particularly in the elderly or those with heart and blood vessel disease), if the TSH level is already lowered. If the TSH level is not lowered, LEVOXYL should be used with caution.
To avoid, under- or over-treatment with LEVOXYL, carefully follow the dosage instructions given by your health care provider. Do not discontinue or change the amount you take or how often you take it, unless directed to do so by your physician. Because many drugs interact with levothyroxine sodium, your doctor may need to make adjustments in dosing to maintain therapeutic response.
Long-term therapy with LEVOXYL, especially in women after menopause may decrease bone mineral density.
Tell your physician if you are allergic to any foods or medicines, are pregnant or intend to become pregnant, are breast-feeding or are taking any other medications, including prescription and over-the-counter preparations. If you become pregnant while taking LEVOXYL, it is likely that your dose will need to be increased while you are pregnant.
Tell your physician of any other medical conditions you may have, particularly heart disease, diabetes, clotting disorders, and adrenal or pituitary gland problems. Your dose of medications used to control these other conditions may need to be adjusted while you are taking LEVOXYL.
While taking LEVOXYL, there is a risk of high blood pressure, heart failure, heart attack, and cardiac arrest, as well as growth changes in children.
Tell your physician if you experience any of the following adverse events, or any other unusual medical events:
- Rapid or irregular heartbeat
- Chest pain
- Shortness of breath
- Leg cramps
- Change in appetite
- Weight gain or loss
- Excessive sweating
- Heat intolerance
- Changes in menstrual periods
- Hives or skin rash
- Partial temporary hair loss
Take LEVOXYL in the morning on an empty stomach, at least one-half hour before eating any food. It is very important that you take the tablet with a full glass of water to avoid choking, gagging, tablet getting stuck in your throat or difficulty swallowing.
Patients should always ask their doctors for medical advice about adverse events.
You may report an adverse event related to Pfizer products by calling 1-800-438-1985 (US only). If you prefer, you may contact the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) directly. The FDA has established a reporting service known as MedWatch where health care professionals and consumers can report serious problems they suspect may be associated with the drugs and medical devices they prescribe, dispense, or use. Visit MedWatch or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
- You will receive a 30-day supply of LEVOXYL. Only 1 voucher per person may be redeemed under this program
- Voucher must be presented to your pharmacist along with a valid prescription for LEVOXYL
- Voucher good for one time only
- The voucher will be accepted only at participating pharmacies
- No membership fees
- No claim for reimbursement for product dispensed pursuant to this voucher may be submitted to any third party payor. Federal and state health care program beneficiaries are not eligible for this voucher
- This free trial voucher is not valid for Massachusetts residents whose prescriptions are covered in whole or in part by third party insurance, or where otherwise prohibited by law
- This free trial voucher cannot be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription
- This free trial is not health insurance
- Offer good only in the U.S. and Puerto Rico
- Only new patients may use this voucher. By redeeming this voucher, you certify that you are not currently using LEVOXYL. This voucher is not transferable
- Pfizer reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this free trial voucher without notice
- This free trial voucher expires 12/31/15
- Patients must be 18 or older
- For questions regarding reimbursement, please call 1-800-422-5604, or write: Pfizer, ATTN: LEVOXYL, PO Box 2246, Morrisville, PA 19067-8025. www.pfizer.com
- Average savings for all patients is approximately $15
The health information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to replace discussions with a health care provider. All decisions regarding patient care must be made with a health care provider, considering the unique characteristics of the patient.
The product information provided on this site is intended only for residents of the United States. The products discussed herein may have different product labeling in different countries.